[isabelle-dev] scala-2.11.0

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Apr 28 18:00:20 CEST 2014

On Fri, 25 Apr 2014, Makarius wrote:

>>  trimming it down to the simplest possible approach.
>
> I have done this now in Isabelle/e1317a26f8c0 (and the row of changes
> before it).
>
> So most of the PIDE "operating system" functionality is now
> re-implemented by more basic means, in just 48 hours.  It is interesting
> that this can be done, but that is mostly a port of existing Isabelle/ML
> modules from src/Pure/Concurrent.  The resulting Scala/PIDE sources are
> more concise, and the implementation presumably more robust and
> efficient.

A bit more of this spring cleaning of the PIDE OS is now in
Isabelle/59f70b89e5fd.

The internal event propagation now bypasses the one central GUI thread of
Swing, which is the canonical bottle neck of any non-tricial application.
Thus the overall reactivity should be better, with less "GUI hangs" as the
prover crunches big sessions and throws the results at the front-end.