[isabelle-dev] html output of theories

Gottfried Barrow igbi at gmx.com
Wed Apr 16 21:48:09 CEST 2014

On 14-04-16 07:47, Makarius wrote:
> I started recently to wonder about the question of latex installations
> on Windows.  Is MikTeX *the* thing to look at?  There also seems to be
> a Windows version of TeXlive, but maybe that is just an odd minority
> thing?

I did a search on "windows latex distributions":

http://tex.stackexchange.com/questions/31520/what-is-a-good-latex-compiler-for-windows

http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/LaTeX/Installation

They're both major distributions, and both have a portable installer:

http://miktex.org/portable

http://www.tug.org/texlive/

But, just now, looking for quick info on TeX Live, their Web page was
making me work to find out two things: how do I do its portable install,
and does it automatically retrieve packages after it is installed.

Nothing was obvious, and that's probably why I went with MiKTeX a long
time ago, because they've done a lot to make things easy, including how
their Web site is layed out.

As far as which would be better for packaging or retrieval by Isabelle,
I wouldn't know about that.

If you look at the dates of releases, it appears MiKTeX is more active,
for whatever that's worth.
Regards,
GB