[isabelle-dev] html output of theories

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Apr 14 11:37:12 CEST 2014

On Sun, 13 Apr 2014, John Wickerson wrote:

> Hm, it seems that different browsers interpret the CSS "white-space"
> property in different ways. (Who'd have thought?)

That is the normal situation.  "HTML" has so many standards and different
implementations that one can never be sure what works as specified, and
how it looks in the presentation.

The Web survives nonetheless, because of websites like http://caniuse.com/
"Can I use... Compatibility tables for support of HTML5, CSS3, SVG and
more in desktop and mobile browsers."

An alternative is to use some kind of "web framework" that does the
fine-points for HTML/CSS generation for you, but there is probably also a
lot of variance there.

Traditionally, I don't really understand HTML, and merely do minimalistic
markup in a tiny fragment that is somehow known to work for me.