[isabelle-dev] Annotations in Theories panel not visible

Lars Noschinski noschinl at in.tum.de
Tue Apr 1 08:32:47 CEST 2014

On 01.04.2014 07:54, Lars Noschinski wrote:
>> I've tried on Linux with Swing L&F Nimbus, GTK+, Metal, and it all
>> works for me.
>>
>> Do you have any special GUI or font properties?  If the problem still
>> persists can you make a screenshot?
> I made a short video:
> <http://www21.in.tum.de/~noschinl/jedit-annotations.webm>.
>
> I tested the Metal and Nimbus L&F; the font is IsabelleText. This is on
> a system running Debian stable with Gnome 3.4.2.
>
> I couldn't reproduce the behaviour on another machine with Debian
> testing and Gnome 3.8.4.
Looking closer yet again, the annotations don't vanish, but the bars get
too wide. If you look at the video above, the Theories panel is redrawn
two times before the actual process of proving starts. Each time, the
width of the bars increases. After the third iteration, it is wider than
the panel. But there is no optical indication for this (e.g., a
scrollbar), so it looks like part of the annotations vanish when
processing procedes into the hidden part of the panel.