[isabelle-dev] Unresponsive Isabelle/jEdit

Johannes Hölzl hoelzl at in.tum.de
Tue Apr 1 12:23:48 CEST 2014

Currently I have the problem that when opening a file in
Multivariate_Analysis it can take quite some time until the theories it
depends on are loaded. In this time I/jEdit does not respond to mouse or
keyboard input.

For example:
 1) I'm opening
~~/src/HOL/Multivaraiate_Analysis/Complex_Analysis_Basic.thy
 2) I/jEdit loads around 10 theories
 3) I/jEdit stops at the end of Topology_Euclidean_Space
 4) now I/jEdit is for a couple of minutes not responsible,
   and uses a lot of cpu resources (top says java, but maybe also poly)
 5) this continuous with Cartesian_Euclidean_Space, and so on

Before I/jEdit did always react to mouse or keyboard input, even when

I tried to bisect the recent changes, and the problem seams to be appear
with the changeset

  0fc032898b05: back to cumulative treatment of command status, which is
                important for total accounting (amending
8201790fdeb9);).

 - Johannes