[isabelle-dev] The coming release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Sep 24 23:26:23 CEST 2013

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013, Jasmin Blanchette wrote:

> 54c8dee1295a should address that.
>
>> BTW, Pretty.item allows to make nice square bullets for itemization
>> (visible in Isabelle/jEdit only).
>
> Do you have a specific use in mind w.r.t. BNF or is this just a general
> hint (e.g. for Sledgehammer and Nitpick)?

Nothing specific.  I've just seen attempts passing by to make some
indentation and a "bullet" (actually cdot), to be seen also in the above
changeset.

Pretty.item has become available several weeks ago, and it comes in handy
to make Pretty.T list layouts more readable.

I had spent several days to make a black caret that works on all platforms
and all imaginable fonts, so I just want to share that achievement with
people who need to compose structured text messages.  (Or maybe get more
hints when it still does not work as anticipated.)