[isabelle-dev] Isabelle_12-Sep-2013

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Sep 12 22:18:07 CEST 2013

On Thu, 12 Sep 2013, Makarius wrote:

> People used to repository snapshots might notice a few differences to such a
> standalone application

I should probably say that the main application entry point is the
outermost executable "Isabelle_12-Sep-2013", which is just a shell script
on Linux, an .exe on Windows and .app bundle on Mac OS X.

All of them may have different snags -- I have reworked them a lot. One
needs to imagine genuine users trying to start Isabelle for the first
time, not people who know already that one might open a command-line
window and type "isabelle jedit" with the correct executable path.
(Command-line is relatively rare these days.)