[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2013-2 release

Peter Lammich lammich at in.tum.de
Thu Nov 21 13:06:39 CET 2013

On Do, 2013-11-21 at 12:21 +0100, Makarius wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Nov 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
>
> > Are there options that would reveal instances of this problem?
>
> It happens whenever you have something still running, but continue
> editing.  The running tasks are errorneously interrupted and thus look
> finished, although the state is failed.  (This bad state is not rendered
> specifically, because it is not supposed to happen.)

On my machine, there is also a second way to run into this Problem:
  Just load a theory with a diverging command, and wait long enough
  (nondeterministically, between tens of seconds and several minutes).
  The command appears to finish, and the theorem's status is failed.

In an earlier message on this thread, you have posted a patch. However,
I cannot apply this patch to the development repository, nor does the
revision "db3d3d99c69d", which your patch refers to, exist.

So how and against what should I apply this patch?

--
  Peter