[isabelle-dev] Isabelle2013-2 release

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Nov 20 23:57:35 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013, Makarius wrote:

> Are there any side-conditions on the timing of a follow-up
> Isabelle2013-2, e.g. concerning AFP which needs to be updated once more?
>
> I am basically ready to ship a new release within a few days +/-.  To
> make it not too odd, we could wait until the start of December and label
> it "Isabelle2013-2 (December 2013)", following right after
> "Isabelle2013-1 (November 2013)".

A few more explanations are required.

The plan is to add a few changesets on Isabelle2013-1 here
https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/all and
ship as Isabelle2013-2, then merge cleanly with the main Isabelle
repository (without any rebasing etc.).

We normally have the privileged situation with only a single development
branch, and I would like to keep up with this model as far as possible.
(It is just a matter how finite resources are invested.)