[isabelle-dev] auto raises a TYPE exception

Lukas Bulwahn bulwahn at in.tum.de
Thu May 30 14:14:44 CEST 2013

Hi everyone,

motivated by the current discussion, I used the Bavarian holiday today
to get the aforementioned Quickcheck tool into a stable state.
The latest stable version is at:

https://bitbucket.org/nicolai490/qcheck_tum

I will only have some spare time if at all to maintain it.
I hope someone at TUM is willing to take this over and
mentor a bachelor or master student, who could write
formal specifications for the unification and/or pattern
matching in Isabelle.

I bet quickchecking the specifications with appropriate
generators will uncover more surprises of the current
implementations.

@Makarius: Are you willing to include the current state in
Isabelle's repository, e.g. under src/Tools/?
The sources are in a stable state and maintenance in last
half year boiled down to only one minor change. Hence, I
believe that it is a low-maintenance part in Isabelle and can
be easily maintained the next few years with almost no
further effort.

Lukas