[isabelle-dev] auto raises a TYPE exception

Tobias Nipkow nipkow at in.tum.de
Thu May 30 00:23:51 CEST 2013

this incident has again reminded me that in the absence of formal proofs about
the code, assertions in the code would be a big step forward. they could have
told us a long time ago that some precondition expected by the unification code
is not guaranteed. lukas and a student had even put together a quickcheck
infrastructure for Isabelle/ML. All of this could be confined to regression
runs. i think we should make some effort in this direction to increase our
confidence in the kernel.

tobias