[isabelle-dev] ProofGeneral-4.2

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue May 28 18:45:07 CEST 2013

On Tue, 28 May 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> I am glad to have PG (version 4.2) as an alternative for those occasions
> when I get persistent bus errors with my theories using Isabelle/jEdit.

As long as nobody is maintaining PG, it is dead and unmaintained.  Why did
nobody stand up and do anything?

Bus errors of the JVM (not Isabelle/jEdit!) are a serious problem, but one
of Oracle and Apple.  I hope they will manage to get things into better
shape soon -- there is some hope for Java 8. In the meantime, there is
always Windows and Linux as alternatives.