[isabelle-dev] Segmentation faults

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon May 27 16:25:05 CEST 2013

On Thu, 2 May 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> I am getting a lot of poly/ML segmentation faults, and they are making
> it very difficult to do my work, especially as my theories take at least
> 15 minutes to load. If it then simply crashes then I'm not getting
> anywhere.

Does this still happen?  There have not been any changes of our Poly/ML
compilation since the Isabelle2013 release.

>From a distance I would guess it is either a hardware failure, or
something that Apple put on your machine as OS update, which now breaks
the Isabelle polyml component.  (It is compiled on old Snow Leopard, and
expected to work on Lion and Mountain Lion, but that is just an empiric
guess.)