[isabelle-dev] Build problem

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu May 23 17:40:22 CEST 2013

On Thu, 23 May 2013, Jasmin Christian Blanchette wrote:

> Am 23.05.2013 um 14:30 schrieb Jasmin Christian Blanchette <jasmin.blanchette at gmail.com>:
>
>> With the latest repository version (510709f8881d), I can't manage to build anything; e.g.
>> […]
>> I can't remember having done anything strange with my system except pulling some changes from the main repository.
>
> OK, ./bin/isabelle jedit -bf did the trick. I somehow didn't suspect
> this was the issue since nothing has changed in the last couple of days
> with the components, but it seems like there's nothing like a fresh
> Isabelle/Scala build.

This is indeed the way to force a fresh build, via that indirection to
build Isabelle/jEdit.  See also the recent addition here
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/510709f8881d/README_REPOSITORY#l37

I've managed to reduce the chances of bad Isabelle/Scala self-compilation
a little bit recently, but it is not 100% bullet-proof.  In particular it
is not thread-safe.  (This is not relevant for official releases, only for
building repository snapshots.)