[isabelle-dev] Announcing Isabelle work: Access Modifiers for Scala Code Generator

Florian Haftmann florian.haftmann at informatik.tu-muenchen.de
Sat May 4 09:07:24 CEST 2013

Hi Lukas,

> For example if I write
>   export_code List.sublists in Scala
> then I want
>   def sublists...
> but
>   private def map...
> because I did not export map.

something like that, indeed.

> In a more advanced scenario, helper functions (in this toy example
> map) might only be correct under certain assumptions. Thus, a
> programmer on the Scala level should not be able to accidently call
> them directly.

There »more advanced scenarios« are already reality: constructors of
abstract datatypes.

> Since this feature has already been implemented for the Haskell code
> generator by Yukata, I'm hoping this will be straightforward and if
> the maintainers are interested, the feature can be taken on into
> Isabelle 2014.

I still cannot forsee when this could take place, but I will do my best.

I am curious to to see the already existing and emerging changes.  Maybe
there are already some things to point out then.

Cheers,
	Florian

--

PGP available: