[isabelle-dev] crashes

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Mar 20 19:29:03 CET 2013

On Wed, 20 Mar 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> I am getting quite a few Isabelle/jEdit crashes (with core dumps), at
> least one a day.
>
> Is there any point filing bug reports? The website for this looked a bit
> formidable.

If these are JVM crashes again, we should try to start looking at this
more systematically, and learn if and how Oracle handles that.
(Historically the blame here is both on Oracle and Apple.)

Just a few days ago, I have already cross-checked with current JDK 8
snapshots, akthough Oracle still lacks a schedule for official developer
previews.  It did work a little better concerning a certain window/mouse
focus problem that happens on JDK 7u13.