[isabelle-dev] Shadowing of theorem names in locales

Clemens Ballarin ballarin at in.tum.de
Tue Jun 4 22:01:13 CEST 2013

I recently tried to make HOL-Algebra compliant to this, but
unfortunately got stuck in HOL already, where Big_Operators didn't
comply either (but that's unlikely the only theory).

If we are serious about forbidding duplicate theorem names eventually
we probably need to start by introducing a flag to enable/disable
this, so that it doesn't get introduced by accident to theories where
duplicate names had already been eliminated.  As other have noted
before, this is not going to be a one-man effort.  It is quite a bit
of work, but more importantly, it involves design decisions (namely
whether to rename theorems or introduce qualifiers) which is best done
by a theory's author.

Clemens