[isabelle-dev] NEWS: asynchronous print functions etc.

Dmitriy Traytel traytel at in.tum.de
Mon Jul 15 14:39:06 CEST 2013

This is really useful! Cf. e.g. 58b87aa4dc3b.

Sometimes there is distracting output by the "auto" tools: e.g. at
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/58b87aa4dc3b/src/HOL/BNF/Examples/ListF.thy#l102
a "Code generator: dropping subsumed code equation" by Auto Quickcheck
and at
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle/file/58b87aa4dc3b/src/HOL/BNF/BNF_FP_Basic.thy#l38
a unification trace from Auto solve_direct. I guess it would be the task
the tools to omit such outbursts and not globally on the IDE side?

Dmitriy