[isabelle-dev] Multicores at TUM

Fabian Immler immler at in.tum.de
Wed Jul 10 14:50:10 CEST 2013

Am 10.07.2013 um 13:54 schrieb Makarius <makarius at sketis.net>:

> On Wed, 10 Jul 2013, Fabian Immler wrote:
>
>> For his Bachelor's thesis he needs to carry out performance measurements on a machine with many cores (isabelle-server).
>
> What is this project anyway?
It is about evaluating libraries for parallelism in Haskell, in Markus' case Repa [1].
Yutaka uses Isabelle to generate code for another library, DPH [2].
There have been disappointing measurements, but they were mostly due to the fact that both libraries are still under development.

Fabian

[1] http://repa.ouroborus.net/
[2] http://www.haskell.org/haskellwiki/GHC/Data_Parallel_Haskell