[isabelle-dev] key bindings

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Jan 25 11:24:15 CET 2013

On Fri, 18 Jan 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> ~/isabelle/Repos/src/HOL: isabelle components -l
>
> Missing components:
> ~/isabelle/Repos/src/HOL:

This one looks like a left-over from old configuration, potentially in
some of your private etc/components files.  You don't need the
object-logics as components anymore, it is done via etc/ROOTS instead.

> By crash, I mean everything dies. I've attached a core dump. To do this,
> I select Utilities > Global Options > Shortcuts. In the filter, I type
> "select code block", choose the key binding CMD-[, and when it asks
> whether to overwrite an existing binding, click YES.

That is a hard crash of the JVM, so it falls in the responsibility of
Oracle.  But that is one of the largest software companies on the planet,
and they don't move very fast.

So we could try to see if it is possible to avoid this critical situation.
Can you reproduce that crash reliably on your machine?  We could try to
shuffle versions of Java and jEdit.