[isabelle-dev] introduction to Isabelle/jEdit for PG users?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Jan 25 11:16:58 CET 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013, Christian Sternagel wrote:

>> It might be good to consolidate your main points in a much shorter webpage.
>> Your paper is structured (naturally) as a paper, but for the corresponding
>> webpage I would delete the abstract and most of the introductory material.
>> I wouldn't actually state that Isabelle/jEdit is awesome (such judgements
>> are always up to the reader), but simply outline what the document model
>> is, and how it differs from approaches used in other systems.
> I agree. Unfortunately, I will not have time to work on it until February 4
> (due to paper deadlines). When is the rollout of Isabelle2013 planned?

Approx. 1 week after the ITP deadline, plus a few more days maybe.  In
these remaining weeks, the priority for me is to sort out issues of the
release candidates.

As I've told Larry already privately, I welcome his initiative, and
already suggested to think about the
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/overview.html slot instead of the README.  Thus
the content can be finalized after the release, even updated occasionally
until the next release.

> Another point. Since we are currently testing release candidates of
> Isabelle/jEdit and thus there are still chances of changes, it might be
> good to wait with any tutorial, until the testing phase is over?

I don't plan substantial changes, just sorting out oddities that can be
sorted out, without endangering the system integrity in the last moment.