[isabelle-dev] Fork of Isabelle2013 release repository TODAY

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sun Jan 20 16:08:34 CET 2013

On Sun, 20 Jan 2013, Makarius wrote:

> Dear all,
>
> the fork of the isabelle-release repository will happen today.
>
> Before preparing further commits for the post-release version of the
> main Isabelle repository, please await the second announcement
> (anticipated in the evening) that the fork has happened.

We are now past point 0 for the coming Isabelle2013 relase.  This means:

   * https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/ is where the
     final release preparations happen before roll-out in approx. 3 weeks.

     There is no push access.  Any changes that are essential for the
     release need to be sent to me via email, or proposed via Bitbucket
     pull-requests etc. (I still need to learn myself how this works).

     The starting point is
     https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/9b062fef2c911243800b64687f7bb4b49601fac8

   * http://isabelle.in.tum.de/repos/isabelle is back in post-release mode
     right now (changeset aafd4270b4d4).  Anything pushed there is for the
     next release after Isabelle2013.

     Big upheaveals should be avoided, so that the release
     branch can merged back cleanly in 2-3 weeks; but it is better to
     publish small changes now than to stockpile for several weeks.

   * AFP needs to be understood wrt. isabelle-release.

     Gerwin will explain his organization of the AFP release for
     Isabelle2013, based on the afp-devel repository.

   * mira tests isabelle, not isabelle-release

   * isatest tests isabelle-release

   * Isabelle2013-RC versions based on isabelle-release will be
     announced on isabelle-users soon.

I hope that many people will join the testing efforts on their exotic
machines.  I am myself not following the main Isabelle repository in the
next few weeks, but concentrate on open issues for the release.

There will be also Bitbucket issue tracking via
https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/issues to get some
experience with it.  It is open to anybody with some Bitbucket account.