[isabelle-dev] key bindings

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Jan 17 13:59:53 CET 2013

On Thu, 17 Jan 2013, Lawrence Paulson wrote:

> Here are some further data. Mac OS X version 10.8.2.
>
> I was puzzled by slight differences between my setup on my workstation
> and my laptop, for example, pressing RETURN performs auto complete on
> one but not the other. I couldn't find any generic information about how
> auto complete works on jEdit, but there must be a setting somewhere.

I've changed the defaults for the Sidekick completion mechanism recently
for the release, see Isabelle/883963f45ac9 and its NEWS:

* More reactive completion popup by default: use \t (TAB) instead of
\n (NEWLINE) to minimize intrusion into regular flow of editing.  See
also "Plugin Options / SideKick / General / Code Completion Options".

Depending what you mean by "crash", this hyperreactive popup might cause
problems on Mac OS X.

> ~/isabelle/Repos/src/HOL: hg id
> cbc7002cc273 tip
> ~/isabelle/Repos/src/HOL: isabelle component -l
>
> Available components:
>  /Users/lp15/.isabelle/contrib/jdk-7u9

This is already 1 week old.  In the meantime Oracle puslished jdk-7u11 and
I updated to it.  This might or might not improve the Java-on-Mac
situation again a tiny little bit.