[isabelle-dev] Max threads & Sledgehammer

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Jan 7 22:53:47 CET 2013

On Mon, 7 Jan 2013, Stefan Berghofer wrote:

> I agree. As long as I can work around the problem by setting --gcthreads
> to an appropriate value, that's fine for me.

I would not call it "problem" nor "workaround".  Current hardware has a
bit too many "options", and it is difficult to figure out system
parameters that work almost everywhere for almost everybody.

For the Isabelle release I try to make the usual standard laptop or
desktop configuration work out of the box as best as possible -- I have
already downgraded thread stack size for the JVM to accomodate more
threads by default.

As usual, any reports about incidents help to figure out where default
options need further refinement towards a convex closure somewhere in the
middle.