[isabelle-dev] Max threads & Sledgehammer

Gottfried Barrow gottfried.barrow at gmx.com
Mon Jan 7 19:03:52 CET 2013

On 1/4/2013 11:56 AM, Jasmin Christian Blanchette wrote:
> See the change
>
>      Ă„nderung:        50118:89a14e495526
>      Nutzer:          wenzelm
>      Datum:           Sun Nov 18 15:38:37 2012 +0100
>      Zusammenfassung: adjust max_threads_value to capabilities of Poly/ML 5.5 and current hardware;
>
> and the "NEWS" entry
>
>      * The default limit for maximum number of worker threads is now 8,
>      instead of 4.

Jasmin,

Thanks. Sound good, although I thought I remembered that my i3 would
only launch 2 ATPs at a time even though it has 4 virtual cores.

I was going to look at it again, but it wouldn't matter. (I'm using an
older quad core CPU now). I saw a comment about trying to get
information on number of threads and such, so I suppose the appropriate
people already know about these things.

Thanks,
GB