[isabelle-dev] Towards the release -- Bitbucket

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Jan 15 22:29:09 CET 2013

Dear all,

this week is left for finalizing the regular Isabelle repository for the
release.  Then the usual fork to the isabelle-release repository will
happen, and release candidates appear for public testing on isabelle-users
like last time.

Some very quick guys have already started testing the test for the
packaging, which was not a proper release candidate yet.  So I need to
hurry up.

Last December we have had a lot of NFS problems at TUM, so I would like to
experiment a bit with viable alternatives, and Bitbucket seems to be the
main player for Mercurial.  Various side-repositories that are required
for the release will be hosted there (e.g. the website).

See also https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/wiki/Home
for the main entry point for the actual release.  I have activated the
tracker, too, to see if a few more reports are coming in the critical
weeks before actual lift-off.  (For Isabelle2012 we've had about 3 people
testing before the release, and about 5 testing afterwards.)

I recommend to register at Bitbucket already, choosing a good account
name.  It is a very easy and generous server.  As someone with academic
mail address you immediately get a free upgrade to "unlimited users" for
private repositories.  Public repositories are always unlimited.