[isabelle-dev] Fwd: A possible bug with Isabelle 2013

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Wed Feb 27 16:12:02 CET 2013

I don't think it's helpful to argue about terminology. Many problems have deep and complicated causes, as in the case of the Ariane 5 launch failure. They aren't just simple coding errors, and using the word "fixed" does not imply that carelessness is to blame. But I do think that a simple solution is possible in this situation (calculations). To me it hardly differs from "Fails to refine any pending goal", and it should be treated similarly.

Larry