[isabelle-dev] Isabelle (proof assistant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 22 13:31:45 CET 2013

On Fri, 22 Feb 2013, Joachim Breitner wrote:

> Am Freitag, den 22.02.2013, 08:49 +0100 schrieb Gergely Buday:
>> Wiki is old-fashioned these days, how about using Stack Exchange for
>> Isabelle user communication?

I've asked myself this very question occasionally.  Just empirically by
doing regular web search, I end up very often on Stack Exchange, e.g. for
Java or JVM problems.  The reason why Java with all its problems still
survives (and thrives) is that so many answers are available.

> I guess this is getting off-topic for isabelle-dev and should rather be
> discussed on the users list. Anyways: I find SE a good format for the
> typical questions that are raised on the users list, but I am not sure
> if the community is large enough to provide reasonable fast and good
> answers there to make it useful. But it could be worth a try.

You are welcome to initiate a thread on isabelle-users.

I think the main question for most of us is how SE actually works, and
what needs to be done to establish some foothold there.