[isabelle-dev] Isabelle (proof assistant) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Feb 20 11:50:24 CET 2013

On Tue, 19 Feb 2013, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> It would be better to update it. The German version is also a bit odd...
>
> Tobias
>
> Am 19/02/2013 00:42, schrieb Lawrence Paulson:
>> Leaves something to be desired. Starting with the first sentence. Do we care?
>>
>> Larry
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Isabelle_(proof_assistant)

Wikipedia is "vox pupuli", so it can be arbitrary non-sense -- experienced
users of Wikipedia should know that. Nonetheless, I have occasionally
updated the version number of the official Isabelle release there.

BTW, Wikipedia *content* should be discussed on the Wikipedia discussion
page in question, in order to avoid bypassing the official structures of
that project.

I am more concerned about this wiki here:
https://isabelle.in.tum.de/community since it is provided by one of the
established Isabelle sites.

I would still like to see a genuine Isabelle community contributing here,
and doing serious maintenance.  Right now it is just a scribbling board
for people who were discontent with some of the official READMEs or
manuals, and even that is often pointless already due to continuous
updates of the official versions.