[isabelle-dev] introduction to Isabelle/jEdit for PG users?

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 15 14:35:11 CET 2013

On Fri, 15 Feb 2013, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> Here is what I came up with. I merged it with the text of the existing
> overview.html (from there I just dropped the two sentences about PG and
> jEdit).
>
> On 02/14/2013 09:32 PM, Lawrence Paulson wrote:
>> It's looking good, but my personal suggestion is to keep it short. I
>> suspect you may be wanting to run away with it a little.
> Feel free to drop, move, or modify anything you want (e.g., the example
> session could be on a separate page).

I had a very brief look at some version of your overview.html and agree
with Larry it is getting too long as a single web page.  I liked the
original arrangement by Larry to have the PG preview as separate document
to be clicked through, although there were always technical issues with
.mov due to QuickTime on non-Apple systems.

We should also avoid sending copies of files via email.  Mercurial is
better to manage versions. The official Isabelle website repository is
here: https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-website -- that
could be cloned to experiment, using existing means of Bitbucket.  That
way we also learn a bit more about what Bitbucket has to offer.  For
example, it is able to show png images in the changelog: see
https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-website/commits/b0a50c7c306b