[isabelle-dev] Mac OS X quit handler (COMMAND-Q)

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Feb 1 15:34:05 CET 2013

Dear all,

this is specifically for those used to be hooked to some Isabelle
repository version, where there is also a strong correlation with Mac OS.

Officially we are now at Isabelle2013-RC2.  For the coming
Isabelle2013-RC3, and then hopefully the final Isabelle2013, I made a
somewhat critical change for Mac OS X / Java here:

https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/commits/b7e7557e80b55edfbc8de8317c167ce2b1d55751

It means that closing the application should invoke the normal shutdown
procedure of jEdit, where the user has a chance to say what to do with
changed files.  It could also mean that Apple or Oracle will bomb the
thing in certain situations, who knows.

See also the tracker item #2 here
https://bitbucket.org/isabelle_project/isabelle-release/issue/2/jedit-mac-os-x-command-q

(So far the tracker was de-facto a private scratchpad of myself and
Christian Sternagel.)