[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Improved completion mechanism

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 05:56:46 CEST 2013

Dear Makarius,

First note that for me keyboard input to Isabelle/jEdit typically hangs
every 10 minutes or so, depending on how fast I type (but this is an old
and known issue).

In Isabelle2013 the completion popup was not triggered when deleting
characters (with backspace). Now this is the case and it seems to cause
more frequent hangs for me (since deleting is typically done very fast).
Is this behavior intentional, and if yes, what is the gain?

cheers

chris