[isabelle-dev] numpad doesn't work

Ondřej Kunčar kuncar at in.tum.de
Fri Aug 30 15:01:04 CEST 2013

On 08/30/2013 02:21 PM, Makarius wrote:
> On Thu, 29 Aug 2013, Ondřej Kunčar wrote:
>
>> This refers to 3c26a7042d8e. The numpad stopped working in JEdit.
>> Reproducible on my machine and also on Dmitriy's machine. We use Linux.
>
> What exactly means stopped working? Can you give another changeset where
> it still works, whatever that means here?
>
> Note that I have recently changed many Isabelle/jEdit keyboard
> shortcuts. This might cause some confusion with the persistent
> $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/jedit/keymaps/ -- deleting that directory makes a
> fresh start (and looses personal keybindings, if you have any).
>

>      Makarius

What do I exactly mean? Let me tell you what the numpad is. It is a part
of a keyboard and it has various keys. If you press one of the keys, you
get a corresponding symbol in an input on your display. Usually the same
symbol that is on the key. This is the only feature of the numpad that I
know. And this is the feature that is broken: if I press a key from the
numpad, I don't get any symbol on my display in the main editing area in
JEdit.

It doesn't work for me, Dmitriy, Jasmin, Tobias and Lars. That already
means a couple of different systems: Linux (different distribution), Mac OS.

Removing $ISABELLE_HOME_USER/jedit/keymaps/ didn't help.

It still doesn't work in c31c0c311cf0.
It works for example in ca237b9e4542.

Just a personal question: did you try to use the numpad on your keyboard
before you sent your reply?

Ondrej