[isabelle-dev] partial_function

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Wed Aug 7 15:41:54 CEST 2013

On Tue, 6 Aug 2013, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> What I did *not* notice however, was the following message at the end of
> a very long trace (in jEdit):
>
>  Tracing paused.  Stop, or continue with next 100, 1000, 10000 messages?
>
> So, actually jEdit was just waiting for my input and not computing for hours
> (as I thought; I should have observed that from the missing scream of my
> laptops fan).

That interactive feedback is still a bit crude (unchanged since
Isabelle2013).

The first thing would be to make a different color scheme for waiting
tasks, in contrast to the deep purple of running ones.

The second thing would be to provide some central overview of such
important status information.

None of that is imminent -- I am presently busy with other things that
have been in the pipeline for several years longer.