[isabelle-dev] jEdit: re-checking of main buffer

Christian Sternagel c.sternagel at gmail.com
Sat Aug 31 06:14:40 CEST 2013

Just an observation. Assuming that the grayish background highlighting
really indicates prover activity in the background, I recently noticed
that sometimes a "re-check" of the whole buffer is done in situations
where this is (as far as I see) not necessary. For example, having

   lemma "..."
     by auto

   lemma "..."
     by auto

when I select the second "by auto" (typically S+Home, since the courser
is positioned directly behind it after just having typed it) and then
replace the selected region by something different, the whole buffer is
highlighted (thus re-chekced or re-parsed?).

This is not the only such situation, but one that I could reproduce
reliably.

Note also that -- just making a subjective evaluation by "feeling" --
that this "re-checking" happens more frequently in a1cd4126a1c4 (and
possibly earlier) than in Isabelle2013.

cheers

chris