[isabelle-dev] Document generation / Tags

Lars Noschinski noschinl at in.tum.de
Thu Sep 6 14:24:39 CEST 2012

On 06.09.2012 12:09, Makarius wrote:

>>> what about option document_variants?
>>
>> document_variants seems to be about the file name of the generated
>> document.
>
> The variants have names and tags to modify certain ranges of the text.
> See option -V in old usedir in the system manual.

Thanks; I've never really used document generation before, so I was not
aware of this.

Something else I discovered when I tried to use a build script:

   * Add a script document/build producing an error
   * Execute "isabelle build -c -o document=false" for your session. It
     will obviously fail.
   * Remove document/build
   * Execute again "isabelle build -c -o document=false". It will fail
     again
   * Completely remove the document_output directory
   * Execute again "isabelle build -c -o document=false". Now it will
     work again.

It seems that some tool in the build chain could be more aggressive in
cleaning up stuff.

   -- Lars