[isabelle-dev] Isabelle manuals as regular session documents

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Sep 3 14:06:38 CEST 2012

On Sat, 1 Sep 2012, Lars Noschinski wrote:

> I found the rebuilding behaviour of "isabelle build" w.r.t. document
> output a bit strange: When the session was recently built it skips the
> session, even if the document_output directory does not even exist; so
> you always need to force a clean build.

In some sense the document (and browser_info) aspect of the session is
still an unmanaged add-on.  So the "-c" is likely to happen there more
often, but I've tried to make this work more smoothly than before.

> This is a step backwards when compared to a correct Makefile, which will
> always rebuild all needed files.

In all these years I have hardly ever seen a correct or complete Makefile.
For Isabelle "make" it is now an episode of the past -- we have suffered
from that long enough.