[isabelle-dev] NEWS: Prover IDE improvements

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Sat Sep 22 21:29:01 CEST 2012

* Prover IDE (PIDE) improvements:
     . parallel terminal proofs ('by');
     . improved output panel with tooltips, hyperlinks etc.;
     . more efficient painting, improved reactivity;
     . more robust incremental parsing of outer syntax (partial
       comments, malformed symbols);
     . more plugin options and preferences, based on Isabelle/Scala;
     . uniform Java 7 platform on Linux, Mac OS X, Windows;

This refers to Isabelle/6f7cc8e42716.  It is a rough summary of what
happened in the past summer.

For example, I can now edit even the massive theories of
src/HOL/Multivariate_Analysis without the fan going on, using my old
2-core laptop from 2009. This is a consequence of certain fundamental
performance improvements (output panel, overview column), or just the cold
weather.