[isabelle-dev] Isabelle manuals as regular session documents

Lars Noschinski noschinl at in.tum.de
Sat Sep 1 09:33:40 CEST 2012

On 30.08.2012 15:57, Makarius wrote:
>> Should I add these dependencies, too? (As $ISABELLE_HOME/src/Doc/...)?
>> Or should I omit them? They seem to be inconsistently handled in
>> ~~/src/Doc/ROOT, too.
>>
>> The dependencies of Classes are incomplete (probably
>
> In principle the 'files' section should mention all informal files that
> are somehow needed to build the session. For the latex stuff, these are
> all shell scripts and style files -- there is also a corellation with
> the copying in document/build.

Ok. Finished and pushed that change. Haskebelle's builddoc now uses some
code from Isabelle's build_doc.

I found the rebuilding behaviour of "isabelle build" w.r.t. document
output a bit strange: When the session was recently built it skips the
session, even if the document_output directory does not even exist; so
you always need to force a clean build.

This is a step backwards when compared to a correct Makefile, which will
always rebuild all needed files.

   -- Lars