[isabelle-dev] Isabelle/jEdit output panel

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Thu Oct 11 16:40:51 CEST 2012

On Thu, 11 Oct 2012, Christian Sternagel wrote:

> Stacking of tooltips is nice. Also that these stay "open" until they are
> closed explicitly is far more convenient than the previous behavior. A tiny
> remark: for linux (and I guess also windows) users, it is surprising to have
> icons on the top-left of a "window", rather than top-right

I've fine-tuned the behaviour several times in the past few days, so it is
relevant to refer to lasting changeset ids as usual.  The justification
for the latter detail is here:

changeset:   49727:2fe56b600698
user:        wenzelm
date:        Sun Oct 07 16:15:31 2012 +0200
files:       src/Tools/jEdit/src/isabelle_rendering.scala
src/Tools/jEdit/src/pretty_tooltip.scala
make buttons closer to original mouse position;

Linux does not have any standards for placement of window control element,
so I ignored that aspect above; the mouse movement was taken as decisive.
I still get occasionally confused after trying to move the tooltip with
its titel bar.  There is also the confusion when the detached tooltip has
become a jEdit dockable and the user tries to clone it: the result is
perfectly correct wrt. the dockable window model, but still confusingly
empty.

Nonetheless, the basic functionality should work now without big
surprises, like a tooltip stack that cannot be closed at all. (This is
Isabelle/e3945ddcb9aa at the moment.)