[isabelle-dev] Shadowing of theorem names in locales

Johannes Hölzl hoelzl at in.tum.de
Thu Oct 11 14:50:48 CEST 2012

HOL-Probability (in Isabelle/bb5db3d1d6dd) and
Ordinary_Differential_Equations (in AFP/e9fa38f86b76) work now with this
patch.

A surprising change is found in Markov_Models:

  We get an error when an assumption has the same name as a fact in the
  locale:

    locale loc
    begin
      lemma X: "True" ..

      lemma assumes X: "X" shows "True"
                    ^- raises "Duplicate fact declaration "local.X" vs. "local.X""

Is this easily avoidable? I think this might confuse people and add a
maintenance burden when one adds a fact to a locale with a popular name.

 - Johannes