[isabelle-dev] jedit Replace & Find

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Fri Oct 5 16:26:37 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> For example 03bc7afe8814
>>
>> There is certainly not a general problem of jedit and JVM on Mac OS that covers
>> all versions of the past and future.  Funny things on Mac OS have happened
>> before, but were sorted out at some point, by looking very closely which version
>> of what was used of what component.

Actually, what is your Mac OS version?

The Mac Pro in my office runs Snow Leopard most of the time, while my
MacBook is on Mountain Lion already.  I am not testing Lion much.

There are two sources of problems with Java/jEdit on Mac OS to be
anticipated for the coming months:

   (1) Special cases in jEdit to accomodate former Apple Java 1.6
       now work against Oracle Java 1.7.  I've already removed some old
       key handler workaround to make normal COMMAND-C/X/V work without
       further ado on Java 1.7.

   (2) Java 1.7 is officially supported by Oracle only for Lion and
       Mountain Lion, but usually "happens to work" on Snow Leopard as
       well.  They don't make plans against it, but they don't support it
       specifically.

In the testing phase of Java 1.7, Oracle had a version for Snow Leopard
that was based on a certain update/patch for Apple's Java 1.6.  Thus my
local machine might now look slightly different to official Java 1.7 and
have fewer problems in that respect.