[isabelle-dev] jedit Replace & Find

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Tue Oct 2 20:11:03 CEST 2012

On Tue, 2 Oct 2012, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> This is what you should not do: search and replace a string selectively
> that occurs many times in a theory. I did this twice (the second time to
> see if it was repeatable), using Replace & Find, and after about 50
> replacements, jedit went all funny and screwed up the window manager on
> my mac. Once I managed to log out (and back in), the window manager was
> fine again.

Can you give your current Isabelle changeset id?  Not just as a habit on
the isabelle-dev mailing list, but to make any sense for such a report.

There is certainly not a general problem of jedit and JVM on Mac OS that
covers all versions of the past and future.  Funny things on Mac OS have
happened before, but were sorted out at some point, by looking very
closely which version of what was used of what component.