[isabelle-dev] Reasons mira crashes

Gerwin Klein Gerwin.Klein at nicta.com.au
Wed Nov 28 21:39:56 CET 2012

This may be entirely unrelated, but I've just had to re-clone the afp hg repository in my home directory at TUM because it made mercurial crash on pull, and failed integrity checking.

The only other time I've ever had to do that in the past few years of using mercurial was because of file corruption due to a broken hard disk (two cases). If this happens frequently to us, something may be very wrong with storage on the macbroy/lxbroy machines.

The only difference in usage I can see to local use at NICTA is that we're usually on fairly fresh versions of mercurial, whereas the various machines at TUM seem to have a mix of less recent versions. We also use NFS less, but we do use it.

Cheers,
Gerwin