[isabelle-dev] jedit

Lawrence Paulson lp15 at cam.ac.uk
Tue May 15 08:52:46 CEST 2012

I am teaching an Isabelle course right now, and I constantly refer students to various capabilities offered in Proof General's menus. I've never understood how jEdit can do the amazing things it does and yet not offer something as simple as menus. To an RSI sufferer, typing commands over and over again to make routine queries is literally crippling.

Menus should be quite easy to implement. Also nice would be palettes of mathematical symbols, although at least Mac users can instead rely on a system-wide Unicode character entry menu.

Larry