[isabelle-dev] Nominal and FinFuns from the AFP

Lukas Bulwahn bulwahn at in.tum.de
Thu May 10 19:46:04 CEST 2012

Hi Christian,

For code generation purposes and especially Quickcheck, it is necessary
that the FinFun theory would be imported by any user.
With the new developments lifting and transfer, we are getting very
close that FinFun can be used without any further ado.
I do have some latest experiments and patches in the shelf to be
published after the release.

Therefore, I am also in strong favour for moving the AFP entry FinFun
into the distribution.
In the long run, it should probably even become part of the HOL-Main image.

In the short term, we could move the FinFun theory into the HOL library
of the development version after Isabelle 2012 and the AFP 2012 has been
released, if we agree that this moves this contribution in the right
direction.

As Andreas has access to the Isabelle development and can freely change
and contribute the entry, I do not see any further difficulties.

Lukas

P.S.: The topic is interesting for isabelle-users as well in my opinion.