[isabelle-dev] Relations vs. Predicates

Christian Sternagel c-sterna at jaist.ac.jp
Sat Mar 31 08:24:57 CEST 2012

Dear all,

by the way, I noticed that sometimes [to_pred] yields undesirable
results (containing case-expressions), e.g.,

thm trancl_power[to_pred]

results in

(case ?p of (x, xa) ⇒ ?R^++ x xa) =
(∃n>0. case ?p of (x, xa) ⇒ (?R ^^ n) x xa)

is this an inherent problem or could this be "repaired" by adding
appropriate [pred_set_conv] (I do not know how this workds in detail).

cheers

chris