[isabelle-dev] Towards the next release

Christian Sternagel c-sterna at jaist.ac.jp
Fri Mar 16 10:47:16 CET 2012

Dear all,

in preparation for the next release I refactored one of our AFP entries
(Abstract-Rewriting). There was an underlying theory Util.thy (quite
big), which essentially turned out to be unused in the rest of the AFP
entry ;) (but we heavily rely on it in IsaFoR, which is not in the AFP).

While refactoring I saw that some lemmas from Util.thy have found their
way (either by moving or independently) into the main Isabelle
distribution (mostly List.thy) -- but without being removed from the AFP
entry.

Still there are many definitions and lemmas left that are not part of
the main distribution (some of which are ugly and ad hoc, but others
quite useful and maybe deserving to end up in the distribution or library).

After this rather long story ;) my actual question: Is there some way to
propose definitions/lemmas for the main distribution/library? If not,
maybe someone of the developers feels like reading through the attached
theory-file and picking out whatever he/she likes?

cheers

chris