[isabelle-dev] Isabelle/jEdit errors

Makarius makarius at sketis.net
Mon Jun 25 13:53:42 CEST 2012

On Fri, 15 Jun 2012, Tobias Nipkow wrote:

> Fixed. I installed the right scala version in the right place.

Which is which version and which place?

The "right" way is to take official Isabelle releases as an opportunity to
re-use the included contrib components as far as feasible. The
Isabelle2012 website now also has an explicit link to
http://isabelle.in.tum.de/dist/ to make this easier to follow.

For the historically correct record: the changeset that discontinued
obsolete Scala 2.8.x and has thus exposed some outdated local
configurations is Isabelle/7700f0e9618c.  It affects the
src/Tools/jEdit/README_BUILD file in particular, which is usually
up-to-date to say what is required to build Isabelle/Scala and
Isabelle/jEdit properly.

Moreover, as seen on some other mail threads, Admin/contributed_components
is becoming more and more formal and reliable in documenting extra
component dependencies.  (Although that file should probably be renamed to
Admin/components now.)