[isabelle-dev] Future and maintainance of ~isabelle/contrib_devel at TUM NFS

Jasmin Christian Blanchette jasmin.blanchette at gmail.com
Sat Jun 16 14:11:04 CEST 2012

Hi Florian,

Am 16.06.2012 um 05:28 schrieb Florian Haftmann:

> So far the basics.  However, also the time of platform-universal
> components is gone.  Let me quote Alex:
>
>> a) Subdirectories for each platform
>>
>>  /home/isabelle/contrib/
>>    x86-linux/
>>    x86_64-linux/
>>    x86-cygwin/
>>
>>  Then, the universal component packages must be copied, symlinked or
>>  hardlinked.
>>
>> b) Different packages for different platforms, roughly as it is now...
>>
>>  /home/isabelle/contrib/
>>    jdk-6u31_x86_64-linux/
>>    jdk-6u31_x86-linux/
>>
>>  Then we need a /Admin/contributed_components file for each
>>  platform, which lists the components relevant for that platform.
>
> I would prefer both indeed:
> a) architecture-sensitive organisation, but with universal components
> directly under contrib (as is the case now)
> b) separate component files for different platforms

I'm a bit puzzled here. What does "preferring both" means exactly? And why does point (a) talk about universal components, when you wrote that the time of platform-universal components is gone? What are the precise implications for the (universal) components I'm packaging (Kodkodi, CVC3, E, SPASS, Z3)?

Jasmin